Bioenergy & Environment Division
Research Division “Bioenergy and Environment” work since 2000 in the field of energy production from biomass and organic waste, resulting in the production of alternative, green, and renewable energy, integrated to sustainable development process, through the sectors : agriculture, rearing, industry, and waste management. Among the concerns of the division: The control processes of the sustainable production of new generations of clean fuels from non-food resources, Control of environmental measures tools and effluent treatment, because the effects of pollution are closely related to the use of cleaner fuels, The development of co products from conversion processes of biomass and waste into products with high added value in the context of green chemistry.
- Establishing a structure of excellence in research and technological development in the field of bioenergy and new generations of clean fuels, associated with environmental aspect,
- The design of testbeds and prototypes,
- The contribution to the training of staff to ensure continuity and sustainability of research activities through supervision and monitoring of masters and doctoral thesis studies,
- The development of active multidisciplinary research teams, and integration of scientific networks.
- Control and optimization of production processes and the use of new generations of clean fuels (bioethanol, biogas, biodiesel ...),
- Assessment and exploitation of local potential bio recoverable energy resources, such as algae, cellulose, non-food energy crops, residues ...
- Control of production processes of other forms of bioenergy, from methanation, gasification, pyrolysis, the biofuel cells, and others ...
- The process control measurement and treatment of pollution,
- The development of pilots for socio-economic needs, including rural populations,
- The use of biomass for the production of secondary products of high added value, obtained during the production of biofuels and other forms of bioenergy.