Solar Thermal and Geothermal Energy Division
The Solar Thermal and Geothermal Division is responsible for conducting scientific research and technological development in the areas of low temperatures systems, concentrating solar, the bioclimatic and geothermal.
- Develop equipments and systems for the conversion of solar and geothermal energies into heat, mechanical and electrical energies.
- Design and implementation of test facilities for characterization, approval and certification of solar collectors and solar water heating systems.
- Integrate of environmental and energy efficiency through the judicious Algerian thermal regulation scheme.
- Conduct training through research collaboration with Algerian universities. Researchers of the division provide courses and supervise students from universities enrolled in masters, magister and doctorate programs.
- Design and production of solar energy devices and systems for hot water, water distillation, drying agricultural products and cold.
- Study and development of thermodynamic solar power plants such as solar power tower, parabolic trough and Fresnel mirrors.
- Development of autonomous and flexible systems such as Dish/Stirling modules and high temperature cookers.
- Contribution in bioclimatic design and comfort in the building including adequate solar design and integration of solar systems in the heating and cooling.
- Geothermal potential evaluation by geothermal exploration tools and updating chemical and isotopic analysis for Algerian main hot springs.
- Geothermal operations for greenhouses heating, building heating and drying of food products.